Sunday, February 19, 2012

paris day 1

Ahhh it was such a rush when I left NY for Paris yesterday but here I am voila! in Paris! My flight went so smoothly that I didn't wake up until we landed in France  (2 glasses of wine I had before boarding definitely helped). I knew it was gonna be much colder in NY but oh boy oh boy, it was freezing as soon as I reached the jetway!

Managed to get a train ticket without any problems, my next destination was Gare du Nord where my husband was arriving from London by Eurostar. We did this last year as well, but I find it so romantic that your meeting point with your loved one is in Paris train station! After having the best and cheesiest onion gratin soup I've ever had at Terminus Nord and warmed ourselves up (it was freezing cold!) , we headed to our apartment hotel in Montmarte where we will be staying for a week. 

But of course, I couldn't stop myself form taking a special trip to Cartier on the very first day of our trip. 
And tadaaaaa! After being served 2 glasses of Champagne, we left with our new rings. What a way to start our trip! I'm gonna fully enjoy myself next 6 days with wine, cheese, bread, fois gras, and memories that money can't buy as they say on American Express commercial. 

Soupe à L'oignon Gratinée


our apartment hotel












No comments:

Post a Comment